We are so excited to see you again, and thank you all once more for your patience. For the safety of our patients and the team at Koh Orthodontics, Dr. Koh has gathered much information from health authorities, including the CDC, and national Dental and Orthodontic Organizations.
Please read the following carefully to understand the IMPORTANT NOTES, GUIDELINES AND SIGNIFICANT CHANGES to our operations, all of which are necessary to reduce office congestion and to help maintain, as possible, social distancing.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- A PRE-APPOINTMENT QUESTIONNAIRE MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED PRIOR TO OFFICE VISIT APPOINTMENTS—we suggest doing it the night before your appointment.
Please click here: bit.ly/Koh-Form
If you have not filled out the form by the time you arrive, there will be a QR code for you to access the forms when you arrive at the office.
- PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CAR UPON ARRIVAL AND EMAIL THE PATIENT’S NAME TO email@example.com TO LET US KNOW YOU’RE HERE.
We will write you back when we are ready to see you.
- PLEASE BRUSH AND FLOSS AT HOME BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
The brushing areas will be closed and converted to hand washing stations.
- SIBLINGS POLICY: At this time siblings should not accompany patients to appointments (unless they have an appointment too). The play area is closed at this time.
- PLEASE BE ON-TIME for your appointment: If you are delayed, we may be forced to reschedule your appointment. We promise to do our very best to stay on time as well.
- WALK-INS are strongly discouraged. It is very likely that we will be unable to accommodate any walk-in appointments.
- FEWER IN-OFFICE APPOINTMENTS: This is similar to restaurants having fewer In-Room diners as they re- open. We have worked hard to schedule our patients chronologically based on when the Stay-Home began, and thank you for your understanding.
- VIRTUAL CHECKUPS will be conducted for appropriate appointments. For example, these include checkups for Invisalign, retainers, certain appliances such as Carrieres, Expanders, etc.
- CURRENT PATIENTS: We strongly prefer that parents remain in their vehicles if possible. If it is necessary for a parent to be present, we have additional accommodations including the outside foyer, our waiting room, or chairside. Only one (1) parent should accompany the patient, and a mask must be worn while in our office. We will ensure that a team member escorts your child back to you safely after the visit.
- NEW PATIENTS: We strongly encourage only one (1) parent to accompany a child for their initial visit with us.
- PRE-APPOINTMENT QUESTIONNAIRE MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED— bit.ly/Koh-Form
- WEAR A MASK: This includes any parent who accompanies a child inside the office. Masks will be kept on until we are ready to work in the mouth.
- TEMPERATURE SCREENING FOR ALL PATIENTS AND ANY PARENT: Anyone with a fever of over 100.4F will be rescheduled. A verbal confirmation of symptoms will also be done.
- HAND-WASHING OR HAND SANITIZER: Anyone who enters the office will be required to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- ORAL RINSE: Patients will be required to rinse with either Mouthwash (Listerine) or Peroxyl (dental hydrogen peroxide rinse from Colgate) for 45-60 seconds. They will be asked to spit back into a cup before draining into the sink.
- SPECIFIC CHAIR: The patient will be guided to a chair that ensures distancing. Our dental chairs are over 7 feet apart, and in addition, we have placed shielding between them.
- A TEAM MEMBER WILL ESCORT YOUR CHILD back to your car, and will inform you of what was done.
- NEXT APPOINTMENTS: We strongly encourage you to make your next appointment before you leave. Call us from your car while your child is in the office.
- PAYMENTS: Please enroll in our secure automatic credit card payment option for touch-less payments. Simply call the office during business hours and provide your information to enroll.