Dear Patients and Families:
Thank you all so much for your patience during these unusual times. We are SO EXCITED to see our wonderful patients starting Monday, May 18, 2020! Dr. Koh and the team have been working diligently to implement additional measures to ensure the safety of our patients and team during this time.
There will be SIGNIFICANT CHANGES to what you may be used to, and the following is a general preview of what to expect for any upcoming appointments in our office. For those of you who have appointments already scheduled, we will follow up with SPECIFIC DETAILS in an upcoming communication.
GUIDELINES: We are grateful for the trust you’ve placed in our office, and will work diligently to continue to earn your confidence. The following are meant to reduce congestion in our office:
- Please wear a mask to your appointments. The mask will be kept on at all times EXCEPT for when we are working in the mouth.
- For our young patients, we promise to take excellent care of them, and STRONGLY PREFER for a parent to wait in their car during their appointment. Should a parent prefer to be present, we have additional accommodations to reduce congestion, including the foyer, the waiting room, and at the chair. We will inform you via phone/text/email about your child’s appointment to keep you updated.
- For our new patients, we encourage that only ONE PARENT accompany a child.
- We kindly ask that any siblings NOT be present if possible.
- Please CALL AHEAD if you are experiencing an orthodontic emergency or if you have a broken appliance/braces. There may be long wait times for patients who have not notified us of any extenuating conditions prior to arrival.
- We encourage that teeth be brushed/flossed PRIOR to the appointment–the BRUSHING STATIONS will be temporarily CLOSED.
- We also want to inform everyone that our RESTROOMS will be CLOSED as well, in order to decrease incidents of germ spread.
PATIENT and STAFF SCREENING:
- ALL team members will be screened with a questionnaire and for fever 2x/day. In accordance with CDC guidelines, any team member with a fever of over 100.4 F will return home to rest and recover.
- BEFORE coming in for your appointment, ALL patients (or parents) MUST fill out a health screening form.
- ALL patients (and accompanying parent) will be screened for a fever upon arriving. In accordance with CDC guidelines, anyone presenting with a fever of over 100.4 F will be rescheduled.
- Upon arrival at the office, please CALL US. There will be signage that reminds you of our phone number
- The signage will also provide a link to the health screening form, if you have not already completed it.
- One of our team members will accompany the patient during the appointment. If you are waiting in your car, the team member will ensure that your child returns to your car safely.
- We will continue to offer Virtual Appointments for certain procedures, such as retainer checks, Invisalign progress checks, and certain other visits.
This is a dynamic situation and we will adjust our approach based on science and facts to keep our patients and the team safe. Once again, we thank you for your understanding and patience. If you have any questions, please email us at: email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you!
Dr. Koh and Team